Nau mai haere mai ki te whaanau! Welcome to our Tree House family!
We are a community-based not-for-profit early childhood education centre set up in 1998 to provide affordable childcare for staff at Middlemore Hospital and our local community.
More than twenty years on, we continue to deliver high quality and accessible care in our newly renovated premises.
Our aim is to provide:
- A service that is connected and responsive to our community needs, preferences and resources
- A strong and effective teaching team of caring, qualified and experienced kaiako (teachers)
- Secure, consistent relationships between kaiako and tamariki (children)
- Inclusive and innovative learning and teaching practices
- A culture that celebrates diversity and promotes the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi (Treaty of Waitangi) and bicultural learning
- A quiet, warm, well-organised indoor environment and natural, spacious outdoor setting
- Nourishing kai (food) and active play that supports healthy development
- Inspired and committed leadership and governance
Ngaakau pai | Positive
The Tree House is a place of happiness, fun and positivity. We are welcoming, open and role model positive behaviours for our tamariki.
Whanaungatanga | Relationships
Relationships are the roots of the Tree House. They nourish and ground us with a sense of belonging. We have respectful and reciprocal relationships between staff, whaanau and children, working together as a team and a community.
Aroha | Love
Our relationships at the Tree House flourish from aroha. We care for and nurture our tamariki in a place where we are connected through love and appreciation for each other.
Tupu | Grow
The Treehouse provides an enriching environment where we are empowered to improve and develop. Our tamariki are inspired into confident learners as they are guided to explore, play, create and grow.
We are governed by parents.
The Governance Committee meets monthly and collectively brings a wealth of expertise to support the centre.
We value parent and whaanau involvement and attendance at our Annual General Meetings in August where we discuss plans and focus for the following year.